Most students come to the WC for 45-minute tutoring sessions that are structured to promote proficiency in writing at any stage of the writing process, including brainstorming, organization, development, revision, style, grammar, and punctuation. Therefore, we have the following policies:
- Students should make an appointment. Although we offer drop-in appointments, they are not guaranteed due to the high volume of students that we serve.
- Students should call at least 2-3 business days before they would like to come in because we are often so busy that we cannot schedule same-day or next-day appointments.
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late to his or her appointment, it may be forfeited to another student as a drop-in appointment. After 20 minutes, the appointment will be cancelled due to limited time for a productive tutorial.
- Students must actively participate in the tutorial.
- If a student requests a verification slip, the appointment must last for a minimum of 20 minutes, but if the tutor and/or student identify further trouble spots in the writing, the appointment may last up to the full 45 minutes.
Please e-mail website questions and suggestions to email@example.com.